Today, I’ve tied to make Easy kids friendly coconut-chocolate rolls recipe with Cadbury Bournvita. The bournvita taste was awesome instead of coco powder but Lookwise coco powder+Milk powder rolls are better so here are the both recipes. 5 minutes time is just for preparation of two dough(Layers). Refrigerator time will be 5 hours.
Ingredients for Coconut Layer:
- 1 cup dry coconut powder
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup ghee
- ¼ cup milk (use milk as needed to make dough)
Ingredients for Coco(Chocolate) Layer with Bournvita:
- 1 cup Cadbury bournvita
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup ghee
- 2 tsp milk
Direction to make Coconut Chocolate Rolls:
- In a bowl add first three ingredients that are coconut powder, sugar and ghee then add milk to make dough. Don’t add milk at a time, just add as needed and make coconut dough pile.
- In other bowl add bournvita, sugar and ghee. Then add little tsp milk to make Cadbury dough.
- Roll the coconut dough into round shape roti with use of Plastic wrap (first take plastic wrap, grease it, put dough and cover again with plastic wrap-now roll it with rolling pin)
- Put this coconut roti (Layer) in a dish. It will break but manually give a shape.
- Same way roll Cadbury-chocolate dough into round shape roti and put on a top of coconut layer.
- Now roll both rotis in a cylindrical roll and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate it for five hours. Then cut into pieces.
- Because of bournvita, you can not make outer chocolate layer ( Coconut layer on a top of chocolate layer)
- Check more pictures of this direction on our food picture blog
Use coco powder (2tbsp) +Milk powder (1 cup) + sugar + ghee + Milk to make chocolate layer. First spread chocolate layer and put coconut layer on top of it and make a tight roll so outer layer will be brown and inner will be white. Refrigerate it for 5-8 hours and then cut into pieces. It will look more beautiful but I want to try with bourn vita and this layer was stickier so I can not use as an outer layer but the bournvita taste was awesome.