Make your Dahiwadi (Khandvi, Suralichi Wadi) in 8 minutes. Here is a step by step guide to make instant khandvi(Chickpea flour roll with hot and sour taste). Dahivadi or Khandvi is a Gujarati Snack dish while in Maharastra it is known as a Suralichi Wadi. So let’s start with Ingredients.
- curd(yogurt) : 1 cup
- Besan(chickpea flour) : 1 cup
- water : 2 cup
- Haldi (turmeric) : ¼ tbsp
- salt to taste
- Grated coconut: 2 tsp
- Fresh chopped coriander/cilantro: 2-3 tsp
- Chopped small green chilies: 2-3
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds: 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds: 2 tsp
- Cumin: 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp(According to your taste)
- Asafetida(Hing): a pinch
- Mix besan, curd, water and haldi(turmeric) well with blender in a non stick pan.
- On High heat, place this pan, and stir well and continuously to avoid lump for 8 minutes (this step is very important)
- It is ready to spread. To check whether it is ready or not, just take a half spoon of cooked batter and spread on the flat surface. If you are able to lift it up without sticking, means it is ready. For 1 cup of besan, it will take 8 minutes.
- Spread this mixture thinly with the help of flat spoon or spatula(that we use for lifting Dosa) on flat surface such as Kitchen platform, dinner plates, Pizza pan or Aluminum foil. Remember to spread when it is hot. Once it will cool then you can not spread thinly and evenly.
- Let it cool down for 5-10 minutes
- Cut in 2-3 inch stripes & roll them. (Your desire size: In picture, I have cut small and large size)
- arrange them in a serving plate.
- Heat 2 tsp oil, Add Mustard seeds, Sesame seeds, Cumin, asafetida, Curry leaves, and green chilies.
- take off from the heat when seeds crackle. Spread it on the arranged Dahivadi(Khandvi) Rolls.
- Garnish with chopped coriander & grated coconut (optional).
This is healthy No-Fry chickpea flour Gujarati/Maharashtrian dish. If you like this dish then must try following Dishes: