If you update your blog regularly, google will crawl your blog often and your new post will get indexed quickly in the google search. You can check whether your webpage/recent post has been indexed by Google or not with this following simple step. You can even check when (exact date and time) your blog post is indexed.
Go to https://www.google.com and search for
cache:your blog/post/page url(link)
If your blog post is not indexed, it will give you 404 error same as seen in the image below.
Whenever you publish your new blog post or page, check that post url after 1-2 days, depends upon Page rank of your blog, how regular are you updating and promoting your blog. My two years old blog was not updated(once in a month or two) and promoted for a while so a month old post is not yet indexed and got 404 error while my kids are writing post every day and their new blog posts are getting indexed within three-four hours. Rock on kids… If your blog post been indexed in google, you will see snapshot of the cached copy same as seen in the image below. Double click on image for larger view.
Best way to get your blog and blog post indexed faster in google:
- Submit your blog to google webmaster tool-Tutorial
- Submit your blog to Bing webmaster tool-Tutorial
- Check our SEO category for easy tutorial to get your blog indexed faster.
Posts related to How to check if your new/recent post or page has been indexed by google
- Guide for submitting a Blogger(Blogspot)sitemap to Google webmaster tool for indexing your new Blogpost
- Image tutorial to Submit Blogspot/blogger blog to Google through verify meta tags option
- Top 5 ways to drive traffic to your blog/website:SEO techniques
- Submit Blogger blog to Bing and Yahoo Search engine with Meta tag verification