Do you want to share your pictures with family and friends only? OR do you like to write daily diary? Blogging is a great way to keep your personal stuff online but if you don’t want to share your personal life with everyone then keep your blog private. You can give access to your friends and family so limited group will read,view your blog. So today;s tutorial is about making your wordpress blog Private with clear visual guide.
- Sign in to your free wordpress.com account.
- Go to your dashboard.
- In Left side Menu, hit “settings”
- Click on 6th option, that is “Privacy”
- Select 3rd option “I would like my site to be private, visible only to users I choose”
- Click on “Save Changes”
- Check the following image for clear understanding.
How to Invite friends and Family to View your Picture/Daily Diary etc blog?
- Follow above mentioned four steps.
- Hit “Invite viewers to your blog” button.
- In next page, you can add email addresses with whom you want to share your blog.
- You can select different roles too such as Viewer, contributor, author et.
I love to share my family pics through blog with my friends and family members because usually we use picasa, flickr or photobucket for each album through email but it will be lost after few days in their Inbox:). Personal pics blogging is a good idea because whenever our parents/ friends want to view our pics at Niagara, Disneyland etc then just they have to login to wordpress/blogger blog same as gmail/yahoo and they can see us at any time without any hassle.