Bing is good search engine and they have developed nice webmaster tool and giving out $50 ad credit for signing up. You can advertise your blog/website on bing or yahoo with this credit. It is important for webmaster that they get traffic from various search engine. It is possible if you submit your blog to their database. So today we will learn how to get traffic from Bing with step by step guide for various blogging platform such as wordpress, Blogspot or Weebly.
1) Sign in to Bing webmaster tool with your hotmail ID
2) Now, on left side, there is “Add Site” (1.-shown in a image)
3) Add your blog url (# 2 step)
4) Click on “Submit” (#3 step in a image)
How to Verify your Ownership of blog in bing webmaster tools with this step by step guide:
There are three options for the ownership verification,
Option 1: Place an XML file on your web server
Option 2: Copy and paste a tag in your default webpage
Option 3: Add CNAME record to DNS
1st option is possible if you have self hosted blog and you should know about ftp, cpanel and how to upload file to your file manager etc.. For self hosted blog this is the best way because sometimes we change our theme, so html code will be vanished with your theme and you have to submit your site again.
2nd option is easy and quick and this option works with all blogging platforms.
So click on 2nd option:
You will get following type of code
<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="CB6BB199E4B2DC8BA1F9BA127A3CB9" />
Copy this code and follow these steps according to your Blogging platform
This process is same as we learned in How to Submit your blog to Google. Check that page for images. For an easy access, I’m repeating those steps again
How to Verify Bing meta tags for blogger.com (Blogspot blogs)?
1) Go to to your blogspot Dashboard.
2) Then go to Design and click on Edit HTML.
3) Look for <head>
4) Below HEAD tag (<head>) past theMETAtag.
5) Now click on SAVE TEMPLATE button.
6) Now go to your webmaster account and click on Verify button.
Now you all set. Bing takes few days to show impression data of your post/Blog.
How to Verify Bing meta tags for Free WordPress.com?
How to verify Metatags for Free WordPress.com blog url with Bing webmaster tool.
1) Go to your WordPress.com Dashboard.
2) In the Left side bar there, is one option called” Tool”-click on tool.
3) You will see three options; third option is for Bing Webmaster Center-same as shown in image. Paste your copied metatags in this box and Click on “Save Changes”
4) Now go to your webmaster account and click on “Verify”
How to verify Bing webmaster metatag with self hosted WordPress:
1) Go to your Dashboard
2) Under Appearance, click on “Editor” button
3) On left sidebar, you will see Templates: Click on header.php
4) After head tag- paste verification code and click on “update file”
5) Go to your webmaster tool and click on Verify button.
How to Verify Bing metatag with free Weebly.com?
There are millions of bloggers who uses Weebly platform to write their blog because it is very simple for beginners. So here is a guide for weebly users;
1) Go to Weebly’s settings.
2) Click on “Search Engine Optimization (SEO)”- it is 7th option of setting page.
3 There is a box called” Header Code (you will see this line below this box ex. Google Webmaster Tools verificationMeta tag: Paste your met tag code in this box and Click on “Save”
Check this image for clearer explanation.
In my next post I will explain you how to submit your sitemap to Bing so your new post will be automatically crawled by Bing Search Engine. This is one time work for your blog. Stay tuned.