Gobi Manchurian is Indo-Chinese recipe that served with noodles or Fried rice or you can eat Dry Manchurian itself as a starter. On yahooallinone, you will get both type of receipe such as Dry or Gravy Manchurian or if you are Fitness freak like me then you can try No-fry recipe too.
Ingredients for Cauliflower Manchurian:
- 1 cup all purpose flour or Maida
- ½ cup Corn starch flour
- Salt (as per your taste)
- Ajjinomoto (pinch)
- ¾ tbsp Black pepper
- ¾ tbsp Turmeric powder ( Haldi)
- 2 tbsp ginger paste or minced ginger
- 2 tbsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- 1 cup cut green onions
- 1 cup sliced or square cut green Capsicum
- 1 cauliflower and cut in florets and clean it with warm salted water
- 5 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Hot chili sauce ( as per your taste) I am using Sriracha Hot Chili sauce and it is available at Wal-mart, Chinese-Korean or any Indian grocery shop.
- Oil for deep fry and 2 tbsp of oil for making Manchurian Sauce
How to Make Gobi Manchurian?/Directions:
- Mix maida (all purpose flour), Corn starch, Salt, Black pepper and Haldi. Add little warm water to make a thick paste.
- Dip the gobi florets in the pasand deep fry till golden brown. Drain excess oil in the paper towel. This part is little different in the non fry version.
- Take another pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and add chopped onion, capsicum, ginger-garlic paste, ajjinomoto and salt to taste and mix it well. Sauté for two-three minutes.
- Now add Soya sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce and hot chili sauce to it. Mix it well and add 3 tbsp hot water.
- Add cool fried gobi and mix well.
Optional: Garnish with coriander leaves
Non-fry Version of Gobi Manchurian:
Mix maida (all purpose flour), Corn starch, Salt, Black pepper and Haldi in a bowl and add cauliflower florets. Now toss the bowl so all florets will be well coated. Set aside for 15-20 minutes.
In a pan, heat the oil and shallow fry the florets till they turn golden brown on the tips.
Now follow step 3 to step 5 of regular version to make Manchurian sauce.
How to make Gravy gobi Manchurian:
To eat with Fried rice, instead of making dry gobi Manchurian, gravy one will be more delicious.
To make gravy, mix 1 tbsp of corn starch powder in 1 cup of hot water( as per your quantity of gobi manchurian). After completion of five steps, add this mixture to Dry gobi manchurian and stir for a minute.
Isn’t it easy and simple? So try this delicious dish at home. Your comments are always welcome.
Want to try different Manchurian?
Instead of Gobi(cauliflower) you can make Paneer Manchurian, Vegetable Manchurian, chicken Manchurian etc. Only step 2 is different. Try your own version!!!